Final Notice of Results
Download PDF: 2021 RUSU Notice of Results
RUSU 2021 Election Booklet
Booklet contains information about the election, instructions on how to vote in the election, policies and candidate statements.
Download PDF: RUSU 2021 Election Booklet
Download PDF: Ruling on the use of Student Voice electoral team name
RUSU Notice of Nominations Received
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Nominations Received and Positions Elected Unopposed
RUSU Notice of Team Registrations
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Team Registrations
2021 RUSU Election Regulations
Download PDF: RUSU Election Regulations
2021 Election Notices
Download PDF: Ruling on SGM Campaigning
Download PDF: Notice of Transitional Clause: Disabilities & Carer's Officer
RMIT Student Union - 2021 Annual Elections
Nominations for the following positions for the RMIT Student Union elections for 2021 will open on 9:00AM Wednesday 1 September 2021 and close at 1:00PM on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
RMIT Student Union Council
- General Secretary
- Education Officer
- Welfare Officer
- Activities Officer
- Sustainability Officer
- Clubs and Societies Officer (an eligible student who shall be or has been an office bearer of a Student Union affiliated club or society)
- Queer Officer (which can be held by up to two eligible students running on a joint ticket, each who identify with different genders)
- Indigenous Officer (an eligible student who is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, who identifies as such, and who is accepted as such by the community in which they live or formerly lived with eligibility to be determined through the Ngarara Willim Centre)
- Disabilities and Carers Officer (an eligible student who shall identify as a person with a disability and/or must have long-term caring responsibilities for another person)
- Women’s Officer (who shall identify and live as a woman)
- International Officer (who must be an international student)
- Postgraduate Officer (who must be a postgraduate student)
- Vocational Education Officer (a student enrolled in any Vocational Education programs or course)
- Brunswick Coordinator (a student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora Coordinator (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Coordinator (student enrolled in programs at the City Campus)
- Brunswick Representative (student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora East Representative (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- Bundoora West Representative (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Representative (student enrolled in programs at the City campus)
- Five (5) General Representatives
- NUS Delegates – Seven (7) positions
- Catalyst Editor(s)
How to Nominate
Nominations must be made on the official Nomination Forms available from Wednesday 1 September 2021 on the RUSU website. Nominations must be lodged no later than 1PM on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
Nominations can either submitted in scanned electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the Google form below before 1PM on Wednesday 8 September 2021.
Link to the RUSU Elections Nominations Form 2021
Download the RUSU Elections Nominations Form 2021
Download the Electoral Team Application Form 2021
Under no circumstances will physical copies of nomination forms be accepted.
*Note: A separate nomination form must be completed for each position.
Candidates Student Cards
Candidates must submit a scan of their current student card with their nomination.
Candidates Photographs and Statements
Candidates may submit a policy statement and a photograph of themselves for publication.
Policy statements and photographs are to be submitted via Microsoft Word document only and forwarded to email@example.com and must be lodged no later than the close of the nomination period.
For Student Union Council positions, policy statements must not exceed 400 words for officer positions, 200 words for General Representative and NUS positions and 250 words for team statements.
Election Regulations and Constitution
The rules governing the elections are set out in the RMIT University Student Union Constitution and RMIT University Student Union Regulations. These documents are available on the RUSU website.
Application to Register Name of Electoral Teams
Applications for the registration of an electoral team must be submitted by email by 1PM on Monday 6 September 2021.
Team names and requirements shall be in accordance with RMIT Student Union Electoral Regulations.
A proforma for the registration of a team name will be available from Wednesday 1 September 2021 available for download from the RUSU website: www.rusu.rmit.edu.au
Polling will be conducted from 9:00 AM Monday, 20 September 2021 to 2:00 PM Friday, 24 September 2021.
Returning Officer, 11 August 2021