BASIC HOW TO JOIN A RUSU CLUB INFO:
MORE INFO ABOUT JOINING A RUSU CLUB
- RUSU manages the Clubs Program for academic, social/general interest, spiritual, political and cultural clubs. RMIT Student Life manages sports clubs and the creative collectives. To check out ALL RMIT student clubs (including RUSU's), you can go to https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/student-life/clubs-and-societies
- For info about specific RUSU Clubs, naviagate to the page of the RUSU Club you are interested in joining (or re-joining - all RUSU Clubs require members to re-join every year) [Click here to search for clubs]
- Read the information on the Club page - it will tell you the following: (a) If there is a membership fee to join the Club and (b) how the Club manages its' membership.
- Membership must be renewed every "affiliation" period - Most RUSU clubs are calendar year affiliated Clubs (membership = 1st and 2nd Semester of the same year) . A few are mid-year affiliated Clubs (membership = 2nd Semester of the current year and 1st Semester of the next year).
- You don't have to be a RUSU financial member to join a RUSU Club (though we'd love it if you did join RUSU - only $10 a year - lots of benefits - for more info see: https://rusu.rmit.edu.au/membership ).
- Clubs may use the inbuilt system in the RUSU website for memberships OR they may use another electronic membership form (Google or Microsoft form or through the club's own website).
- If a club uses nother membership form, there will be a link to that on their RUSU page (either in the club description text or in the page menu).
- You know a Club uses online membership through the RUSU web page, when you use the purple "Join or Renew" button on the club's page on the RUSU website. When you click on that button, a log in pop up will appear. if you've never joined a RUSU club this way before,you will need to set up an account in the RUSU website system. To do that, use the "Set up an account" link at the bottom of sign in pop up. That will be your log-in for all time (you are not required to be a RUSU member and setting up a log in does not mean you have joined RUSU)
- Once you've set up an account, you will be able to access the Club Membership Form. If you've joined another RUSU Club you will already have a log-in.
- If you forget your log-in details, email email@example.com with your name, student number and the email you think you set up your account with. We will re-set your password so that the next time you log-in, you'll need to set up a new password. Or we will confirm the email you used to set up your account.
- If your Club has a Membership Fee, the Club page should list the fee & how to pay it. If info about payment isn't on the page, the Club will email details to you about how to pay the fee. When the fee is paid, your annual membership will be finalised.
- If your Club doesn't have a Membership Fee, you will usually become a Member as soon as you submit the Membership Form.
- If you have any problems with the Membership Form, contact the Club directly (contact info will be on their page).
- Annual membership closes when a club announces its' Annual General Meeting (AGM) and annual leadership team elections. After those elections are finalised, membership opens for the following year/period. Memberships also temporarily close for any club needing to hold a by-election to replace leadership team members during the year (and re-open after the election is finalised).