BASIC HOW TO JOIN A RUSU CLUB INFO:
MORE INFO ABOUT JOINING A RUSU CLUB
- RUSU manages the Clubs Program for academic, social/general interest, spiritual, political and cultural clubs (over 100 clubs). RMIT Student Life manages sports clubs and the creative collectives. To check out the sports and creative clubs, follow the links on the RMIT "Get Involved" page - scroll down to "Popular Clubs to Join" and the links (e.g "More Sports Clubs") are under that section https://www.rmit.edu.au/students/new-student-guide/get-involved
- For info about specific RUSU Clubs, naviagate to the page of the RUSU Club you are interested in joining (or re-joining - all RUSU Clubs require members to re-join every year) [Click here to search for clubs] Please note we are having issues with the "advanced" search function - it works OK when viewing the "Find a Club" page on a mobile device but you have to minimise your window when viewing it on a computer. We've asked the web page developer to fix this!!!
- Read the information on the Club page - it will tell you the following: (a) If there is a membership fee to join the Club and (b) how the Club manages its' membership.
- Membership must be renewed every "affiliation" period - RUSU has calendar year affiliated Clubs (membership = 1st and 2nd Semester of the same year) and mid-yearaffiliated Clubs (membership = 2nd Semester of the current year and 1st Semester of the next year). Most RUSU Clubs are calendar year Clubs.
- You don't have to be a RUSU financial member to join a RUSU Club (though we'd love it if you did join RUSU - only $10 a year - lots of benefits - for more info see: https://rusu.rmit.edu.au/membership ).
- You know a Club uses online membership through the RUSU web page, when you use the purple "Join or Renew" button on the page, it will ask you to set up an account in the system. That will be your log-in for all time (you are not required to be a RUSU member and setting up a log in does not mean you have joined RUSU)
- Once you've set up an account, you will be able to access the Club Membership Form. If you've joined another RUSU Club or RUSU itself, you will already have a log-in.
- If you forget your log-in details, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, student number and the email you think you set up your account with. We will re-set your password so that the next time you log-in, you'll need to set up a new password. Or we will confirm the email you used to set up your account.
- If your Club has a Membership Fee, the Club page should list the fee and how to pay it. If info about payment isn't on the page, the Club will email details to you about how to pay the fee. When the fee is paid, your annual membership will be finalised.
- If your Club doesn't have a Membership Fee, you will usually become a Member as soon as you submit the Membership Form.
- If you have any problems with the Membership Form, contact the Club directly (contact info will be on their page).
- Annual membership closes when a club announces its' Annual General Meeting (AGM) and annual leadership team elections. After those elections are finalised, membership opens for the following year. Memberships also temporarily close for any club needing to hold a by-election to replace mermbers of its' leadership team during the year (and re-open after the election is finalised).